Pronombres del sujeto
- There is NOT a subject pronoun for IT
- Usted and ustedes are commonly abbreviated in writing, ud and uds. They are NOT interchangeable.
- Tú is the familiar form used when addressing friends, relatives, children, animals or anyone with whom you are on a first-name basis.
- Usted is the formal form used to address people for the first time, in business situations, and with someone you might not know well.
- The verbs system in Spanish indicates person, number, and tense, therefore pronouns are usually omitted.
- When used,pronouns are used to:
- show emphasis = Yo tengo el libro. I have the book.
- clarify ambiguity on the third person forms = Ella tiene el libro. Ellos tienen el libro. She has the book. They have the book.