See you soon
Expresiones de cortesía
I am sorry. (Use this to convey deep sorrow; otherwise use perdón.)
With your permission/excuse me.
Gracias. Muchas gracias.
Thank you. Thank you very much.
Excuse me. (A light version of lo siento)
Just like in English, we have words or phrases to express courtesy. Besides greetings, these are some words that will show Spanish speakers you have “buenos modales” (that you are polite).
por favor lo siento con permiso muchas gracias
perdón / disculpe gracias salud de nada
- You need a favor from your classmate, you say __________________________________________
- You feel sorry for talking during class, you say___________________________________________
- Your classmate sneezes, you say______________________________________________________
- You want to thank a classmate for letting you know what was the homework on the day you were absent, you say_______________________________________
- Your friend has just thanked you for your help, you say____________________________________
- You need to pass in front of two people who are talking, you say_____________________________
- You are walking down the street and you need to know the time, you say______________________
- You need to leave early during a meeting, when you excuse yourself, you say __________________
- After you sneeze and your classmates say “Salud”, you say_________________________________
- You forget you had told your friend you would help them move and forgot to show up that day, you say ____________________________________
- You are talking to someone and you need to excuse yourself for a moment, you say __________________________________________
- After someone passes away, you want to express your condolences, you say __________________
In Spanish many words have written accentuation or Acentos
To place the Acentos over the vowels, use the following keyboard shortcuts for international symbols.
Press Alt and the following number simultaneously and let go of the keys.
For Apple products, press Option E to display the accent, then type the desired letter.
Alt 0225 á Alt 0193 Á
Alt 0233 é Alt 0201 É
Alt 0237 í Alt 0205 Í
Alt 0243 ó Alt 0211 Ó
Alt 0250 ú Alt 0218 Ú
Alt 164 ñ Alt 165 Ñ
Alt 168 ¿
Write a conversation.
Using the following examples, choose the appropriate expressions and introduce yourself to two classmates. Write a greeting under Estudiante 1 column. Follow with an appropriate response under Estudiante 2 column. PLEASE NOTE For this activity you will need to complete the exercise in a word document or a page of notebook paper. It is not available as an interactive exercise like the activities above.
- Hola / Adiós / Hasta luego
- Buenos días / Buenas tardes / Buenas noches
- ¿Cómo estás / ¿Cómo está usted?
- ¿Cómo te llamas? / ¿Cómo se llama usted?
|ESTUDIANTE 1||ESTUDIANTE 2|
|Ejemplo: Hola||Buenas tardes|