By the end of this chapter you should be able to:
- Discuss the presence of drugs in ancient times.
- Summarize the use of drugs in the United States during the nineteenth century.
- List any three specific measures that may help deal with the drug problem.
- Describe the importance of prevention during adolescence.
- Distinguish components of prevention of behavioral health problems and disorders.
- Evaluate current types of prevention and harm reduction programs.
- Identify new initiatives and unexpected side effects of prevention programs.