Do you need to revise a course to a blended or online format but aren’t sure where to start? This session covers how to plan your course content to maximize student engagement. Topics include adapting course objectives to include the online environment, choosing which aspects of the course to offer synchronously vs. asynchronously, and creating or adjusting your communication plan to help students succeed in your online or blended course.
ESS: Planning for Student Engagement Recording (April 2020)
See links below for recordings from each session.
Google Slides Presentation
Resources Mentioned in the Presentation
- ESS Session 1 Survey
- PSU Definitions for Asynchronous and Synchronous
- OL 2300: Teamwork in Online Teaching and Learning
- Six Week Summer Course Outline (blank view-only Google document – to make a copy for your own use, click File –> Make a Copy), Accessible version
- Fifteen Week Course Outline (blank view-only Google document – to make a copy for your own use, click File –> Make a Copy), Accessible version
- EXAMPLE – Business Writing Class Course Outline
- PSU Hours of Instructional Activity Information
- Empathy Statements: How to be Okay, Health and Wellness Statement
- Active Learning in the Physically Distant Classroom
- Fall 2020 Student Communication Recommendations (log in with PSU ID to access)
- BlendLT Learning Path