Analyze Program Requirements
A process in which a spatial program is used to efficiently and accurately assess design performance in regard to spatial requirements. The developed BIM model allows the project team to analyze space and understand the complexity of space standards and regulations. Critical decisions are made in this phase of design and bring the most value to the project when needs and options are discussed with the client and the best approach is analyzed.
- Efficient and accurate assessment of design performance in regard to spatial requirements by the owner.
- Design Authoring Software
Team Competencies Required:
- Ability to manipulate, navigate, and review a 3D model
- GSA BIM Guide 02 – Spatial Program Validation, The National 3D-4D BIM Program U.S. General Services Administration, Washington, DC.
- Manning, R. and Messner, J. (2008). “Case studies in BIM implementation for programming of healthcare facilities.” Journal of Information Technology in Construction (ITcon). 13, 246-257. https://www.itcon.org/paper/2008/18
Link to Example Process Map (see Appendix D for additional process maps)