Author Temporary Construction Systems Model
Using BIM to author the design of the temporary systems required for the construction of the permanent building systems. These temporary systems can include concrete formwork, scaffolding, support of excavation systems, temporary shoring, temporary heating, temporary lighting, or other engineered temporary construction systems.
- Increase construction safety and productivity
- Improved safety through visualization and analytics
- Increase safety awareness of a complex building system
- Improved communication with workforce through better visualization
- Improve constructability of complex building system through detailed analysis
- Enables automation of work package development including takeoffs and details
- Design authoring software that supports construction system design
Team Competencies Required:
- Ability to manipulate, navigate, and review 3D model
- Ability to make appropriate construction decisions using a 3D System Design Software
- Knowledge of typical and appropriate construction practices for each component
- Leventhal, Lauren.” Delivering Instruction for Inherently-3D Construction Tasks: Lessons and Questions for Universal Accessibility”. Workshop on Universal Accessibility of Ubiquitous Computing: Providing for the elderly.
- Khemlano (2007). AECbytes: Building the Future (October 18).