Chapter 9: Anger
Chapter 9 Learning Objectives
- Does anger meet the requirements for an emotion?
- How do the emotion components for anger change?
- What is the support for anger as a basic emotion?
- What is the support for anger as a socially constructed emotion?
- What are the biological bases of anger? Which modern theories are supported by current findings on anger and biology?
- What are the cognitive appraisals associated with anger?
- Frustration-Aggression Hypothesis
- CNA model?
- GAM model?
- How do the CNA and GAM model differ? How are they similar?
- What emotion components do the CAN and GAM suggest are important to the causes of anger?
- How does anger differ from other emotions, such as fear, anxiety, and sadness?