Chapter 12: Pride – A Positive Self-Conscious Emotion
- How do the emotion components differ for authentic and hubristic pride?
- How does the face and body change during an authentic pride experience?
- What are the vocal changes of pride and do the findings support basic emotion or constructivism?
- Do children experience and express pride? Does this support basic emotion or constructivism?
- Explain the cognitive appraisals that cause authentic pride and hubristic pride.
- Explain Tracy and Robins (2009) Process Model of Self-Conscious Emotions
- How do the circumplex models account for pride?
- What are the physiological and brain activity changes for pride?
- Are self-conscious emotions universal or constructed?