Chapter 10: Disgust
- Does disgust meet the requirements for an emotion?
- Define and explain the differences between the four types of disgust.
- Is moral disgust an emotion or is moral disgust anger?
- Are disgust facial expressions universal or socially constructed?
- Are disgust vocal changes universal or socially constructed?
- How does physiology change during disgust? Does this vary with the type of disgust?
- How are important brain structures involved in the emotion components of disgust? Does this research support a locationist or one-network theory?
- How do the circumplex models view disgust? Does disgust co-occur with any other self-reported emotions?
- What are the similarities and differences between anger and disgust (and contempt)?