Chapter 4: Cognitive Appraisal Theory
Chapter 4 Learning Objectives
- What are the two views of cognitive appraisal theory?
- Are appraisals universally or socially constructed?
- How does the Component Process Model view the relationship between cognitive appraisals and emotion?
- Explain each of the appraisal checks and accompanying stimulus evaluation checks (SECs).
- Describe the relationship between cognitive appraisals and other emotion components.
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of cognitive appraisal theory?